Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

ABusch, My Intro

Hello and welcome to my corner of the blogosphere.  This being my first post here, I plan on giving you the following in this blog post: what topics I plan to cover, my gaming background, and my personal background.  I hear the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, so let’s get to stepping.


I will start with the topics I plan to cover as this is probably the most interesting to potential readers (if anyone is actually reading, please leave a comment below so I can inflate my ego.)  The name of this blog includes, “Gaming.”  This is pretty general so let me narrow that down to my field of “expertise.”  I plan to have at least one, maybe two posts a month aboutWarmachine / Hordes miniature wargaming.  It could be a battle report, what I am painting currently, my poor excuse for tactica, or something else related to this game.  I plan one or two posts a month about what’s going on the video game community.  Whether it’s the new game I am playing, the next big convention, or how much I suck at FPS games these posts will just be whatever is on my mind when it comes to video games.  This will probably leave me with one post that is just going to be completely off topic.  It could be my memories of D&D games gone by, my favorite board game I played this month, what I want to complain about, how the local sports team is failing me, or maybe not game related at all.  Of course, plans never survive contact with the enemy, so let’s just see what happens.

My gaming background starts way back in those ancient days of the 1990s in front of the warm glow of my television set.  I was young lad playing my Nintendo making Super Mario jump all over the place.  Many years and many systems later I am currently on my PS4 and loving it.  Around the turn of the millennium I was introduced to Advanced Dungeons and Dragons by a good friend.  This began a journey through AD&D, D&D 3.0 and 3.5, a few games of Pathfinder, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and probably a few others that I am forgetting.  The same friend that introduced me to D&D also introduced me to Warhammer 40K, which began my love of miniaturewargaming.  Eventually that lead to Warmachine / Hordes which is pretty darn sweet.

My personal background begins as a fetus but let’s just jump forward a bit.  I am a proud grade school, middle school, high school, and college graduate.  I have been friends with all of the contributors to this blog since grade school or high school.  I recently got married and I am currently employed by an oil baron.  As more posts roll out in this blog, I will elaborate more on all the topics above but I think I will just end the wall of text now.

Currently Playing: Watch_Dogs (PS4)
Currently Painting: Cryx Defiler, Deathripper, and Slayer

No comments:

Post a Comment