Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Optfex and Axis finsihed!

It's been awhile, but I finally made time to finish the Optifex.  On top of that I painted Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer to boot!  I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to use them on the table top, but hopefully it's soon!
For something that looks so sinister, all they do is repair and buff vectors
 I'm really happy with how the Optifex turned out.  Inking the warm colors really made them pop, plus I love the fiery "crazy eyes," which gives the models a flair of fanatical zeal not seen elsewhere in the Convergence faith.


Go ahead, get those pun-y jokes out of the way now

I'm also pretty excited about how Axis turned out.  Most of the glow effects work well, but his hammers and optical pieces may need to be revisited in the future.  There's a lot of sources of energy that really make that model pop, especially in the back arc (not that you'll get a chance to see it!).  The only thing he's missing is a bunch of foot soldiers to lead into battle...

...which are on the way!
Pictured is a Obstructor, recently assembled and soon to be painted (after the Corollary).  For a 30mm model it's pretty big, and about 15-20% taller than the Optifex.  As I make deals and bargains, I'm hoping to pick up more Obstructors and eventually Reductors for a nice large Sustained Attack list!

And because all the cool bloggers are doing it:
Currently playing: Binding of Isaac

Currently listening: Fallujah--The Flesh Prevails

Currently painting: Convergence Corollary

No comments:

Post a Comment